top of page

Because Love Knows No Boundaries

Everyone deserves a place to belong. Whether a parent needs to go to the hospital, has been deployed,
or just isn't available,
Carmichael Family Law can help family or friends provide a home
for children when their parents can't.

It takes a village to raise a child. When a parent is faced with the short-term inability to care for a child, he or she may need to name a relative or friend as a temporary caregiver. Carmichael Family Law can help you meet the legal requirements, so that your child's caregiver can get your child medical treatment, education, and other needed services.

Grandpa and Grandchild Having Fun


If a child's parents agree that you should care for the child for the long-term, Guardianship can provide stability for the child and help you provide him or her with the care she or he needs.

Third Party Custody

When Guardianship isn't an option and you are ready to make a long-term commitment to a child, Third Party Custody may be your path to stability and security for the child.

bottom of page